Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The State, the school and the disappointment

Those crazy Canadians don't seem to understand good ol' fashioned college football rivalry. I got a phone call from my Canadian-DC buddy who just happens to be in Austin tonight on business. She called around half time from a bar wearing a burnt orange Rose Bowl t-shirt looking for praise from me for cheering for UT in the Rose Bowl. To clear up any misunderstandings there are a couple of things I feel I need to explain. Just because I am from Texas and therefore am known as "The Texan" doesn't mean I am obligated to cheer for Texas to win the national championship tonight. While I do love the city of Austin and am willing to concede that the University of Texas does provide a quality education, you must understand that I am an Aggie. Beging the Red Ass Aggie that I am and have always been (okay, no comments about the quality of my spirit from my college buds), I just can't bring myself to root for the enemy. . . . .
and an edit after the end of the game: I am still going to hold onto the idea that UT shouldn't have gotten that first touchdown because of the downed knee and therefore UT lost by 3!

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Kell said...

Forgive Kimmmmmmmmmmmm. It would be a shame to waste a beautiful friendship on a football misunderstanding. Go Mizzou!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home