Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Semester System

So I'm 26 years old and have been out of college for 2 years and 7 months. I have come to terms with the fact that I no longer spend my days with young, diverse, interesting and mostly attractive people wearing pajamas and baseball caps. I've gotten over not going out every Thursday night, getting drunk and sleeping all day Friday because I had no classes (yes, those of you who left after 4 years, I DID do this my 5th year!). I understand that you can't learn new things everyday for the rest of your life. I've come to grips with no naps, no summer road trips, no. . .
what the HELL am I talking about! I most certainly have not come to grips with any of this! I want to be a young and naive college kid who has the whole world open to him. Instead, now I do taxes.

3 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Ph said...

1) I think you should move to DC
2) You don't get drunk every Thursday and sleep through Friday? Where do you work? A slave camp?
3) I hear you might come up to visit...true? I might actually get to meet the Texan? I'm wetting my pants with excitement.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger JTU said...

I'm sad to say that I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to DC in the next couple of months. Work is heating up. . .
Also, DC is not on the list as moving options (Ft. Worth, Charlotte, and Ashville, NC are the only options)

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Ph said...

You better start changing those moving options...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home