Monday, February 13, 2006

You know you're getting old when

no matter how little you drink when you go out, you still end up with a nasty hangover the next morning.

I was invited to an Intern/First Year unofficial happy hour on Friday by a girl on the other audit team in our room who I have barely meet. I took a change on it being fun and urged a married (well common law anyway) coworker to go with me. I was the only one in my group officially invited this coworker speculated it was because I was the only one on the team who was "single."

Anyway I made a fashionably late entrance to Corner Bar where I quickly noticed that the happy hour had already passed (drink #1). I called Aaron to check on his whereabouts and was informed it wasn't Corner Bar but Quarter Bar, I always confuse the two. So drinks 2 and 3 where had at Quarter Bar. The event was then moved to Idle Rich Pub (across the street from my apartment, yey). I lose count of drinks here but they were dark bear, I would guess drink #4-8. After some fun little discussions with several people, including the merits, locations and skill levels of Beer Pong and Flip Cup, the group dwindled down to 5 guys. So what do five accountants do late in the evening, why go to one of Dallas' trendiest rooftop bars in Down Town. There I switched to Jack and Coke finishing the evening with drinks #9 and 10. Event worth noting is I talked coworker into agreeing to jump into a pool of Pink and Red balloons for $50. He didn't quite notice that underneath the balloons was actually a pool of water. I stopped him from following through because I wasn't sure how you handle having a drunk, wet coworker/friend get thrown out of a nice bar when it's freezing outside.

Anyway, hope the whole group made it home okay (got a call the next afternoon from one wondering how he got home when I had to remind him that HE DROVE HOME!!!)

So my headache was killer all day. Don't you love getting old.

Also saw Annapolis this weekend. Don't recomend it (although Kim was entertained). It's more than a bit light on plot and the acting does not begin to make up for that shortcoming.

4 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have learned well young one... the force is strong in you! :0) I'm glad you're making it through the days without me.

MP

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Blue Eyes said...

"JT", I noticed that you spelled what I'm assuming was "beer" as "bear" in an instance in this post. Something you would like to share???

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Ph said...

Bear...HAHAHAHA...whew

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger TSH said...

I think with 10 (or more) drinks, you probably deserved a hangover...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home