Sunday, September 18, 2005

"It's my bachelorette party AND my baby shower!"

That was the toast for each shot taken on Friday.
And before you call child protective services, I think it was only a joke. This weekend brought my lifelong bud Tami to the Big D for her Bachelorette party originally scheduled for New Orleans but I think they were having problems with the hotel there.

So anyway, Tami called to tell me that she was bringing her wild and crazy girl group and heading to my city where she expected me to go out at least one night with them. So I called in Terrance for a little back up and planned to meet them for dinner on Friday.

Not to go into too much detail, but the highlights of Friday night included lots of alcohol, the required toast for every shot (see title to post), Tami ending up with some random guy's boxer briefs that then ended up on Cele's head, lots more alcohol and a hazy cab ride home to remove my dinner and drinks from the evening before making it to bed.

Saturday was spent recovering from Friday (the headache went away eventually), changing out the standard apartment vertical blinds in my living room with some Roman blinds and some football. The bachelorette monster roared it's ugly head again on Saturday night just as my hangover cleared up. They were heading to Cedar Springs, the Dallas gay district, for a drag show and some clubbing. The highlight of this night would have to be Cele's new girlfriend, the 50 year old woman, who hung out with her ALL night and bought her lots of drinks. Also of note, the most straight looking gay guy ever getting WAY too hot and heavy with Tami's gay coworker. Side note: What's the deal with drag shows, I just don't get the appeal?

Fun was had by most (one girl remained in bed for the rest of the weekend following the Friday night festivities. Congrats to Tami and here's to much more fun even after the ball and chain is locked on next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home