Wednesday, September 07, 2005

So, after reading a certain Canadian friend's blog for a few weeks, I've decided to try this whole thing out myself. Maybe its a little naive or a little arrogant but as you guys grow up and move to far away places like DC, Florida and North Dallas, we have lost touch so I thought maybe this would be a small way for you guys to see inside this crazy, screwed up head of mine.

Now remember, this is only a trial period so don't expect anything wonderful out of me (especially out of my writing. . .but you all know that already). To start off my posting, I have gone and shop lifted an idea from my Canadian friend mentioned above. To celebrate (or mourn) my impending 26th birthday (that's right people, its this Saturday so get those e-cards ready) I have made a list of 25 things I've learned in my 25 years:

1. Fate/Karma DOES exist!
2. Sometimes, sitting on the couch alone all weekend watching E! or a Real World marathon can be the best thing in the world.
3. Arrogant people suck!
4. When you start a relationship just to have fun, it never ends that way.
5. When you work 14 hour days regularly, you start to wonder why those who work 40 hour weeks don't go get a FULL time job.
6. Grandparents are priceless
7. The phrase "I'm never drinking again" means never, or until the hang over clears up, which ever comes first.
8. He who insults others actually just has low self-esteem and is trying to make himself feel better. Either that or the guy he's insulting really IS a huge prick and deserves it!!!
9. After seeing the musical "Jesus Christ: Superstar," I finally understand why the Christians hate the gays. If they can take the most important story out of the Bible and turn it into that awful musical, the downfall of all civilization is within their grasp!
10. Rachel Green is the worst mother in the world! (well, except maybe for that woman who drowned her children because Satan told her to do it)
11. People of our generation often define the members of their Urban Tribe by cast members of "Friends" (as I was reminded again this past weekend). So who's your Rachel?
12. Golf really is worthly of being called a sport!
13. Sometimes, sitting on the couch alone all weekend watching E! or a Real World marathon can be the most depressing thing in the world.
14. The suburbs scare me . . .actually, PEOPLE scare me!!!
15. Religion needs to be a personal thing, not what some old guy tells you that an old book is telling you.
16. Money doesn't buy class.
17. Never wear your Aggie ring in a snow ball fight when you are not wearing gloves.
18. Traveling is only one way to see the world.
19. Coudersport, PA is really just Hell with a nice view.
20. Don't talk politics if you haven't done your research.
21. E-mail break ups don't count.
22. Being called Small Town shouldn't be taken as an insult.
23. Just because a city is a great place to visit doesn't mean it's a great place to live.
24. Never put your face up to a door when there is an unstable, over-reactive person on the other side trying to open the door.
25. The best way to make life-long friends involves a little bit of dinner, a lot of Gin, some top less table dancing and that obligatory trip to the emergency room for alcohol poisoning.

6 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!!!
- Kimmmmmmmmmmm

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW...
At first I wondered if this was you...
after reading the list I realized it is without a doubt...
Hope all is well in Big D...
Best of luck dodging the refugees...

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the memories...brings a tear to my eye. Looking forward to the next installment...

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, You're no longer a blogger virgin! I do have one point to clarify: We weren't toppless people; we wearing Bra's !!! BTW I found pictures from naked tax night that I wanted to send to a certain someone...
~ MP

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Ph said...

Friend of Kimmmmmmm's: Enjoyed the blog but as a sidenote, Andrew Lloyd Weber (who wrote Jesus Christ Superstar) isn't gay. So actually that's why the Christians hate the British...or the greasy haired men, I can't tell which yet.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

nice to meet ya :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home